Happy Birthday to Me. It’s Tuesday morning, September 8th, and my 62nd birthday. To celebrate, I did 62 push-ups and ran 6.2 miles (10K) before breakfast. Also, I was doused with a few gallons of cold water thanks to Elder Rogers, which is a missionary tradition on birthdays. A daughter sent a very generous email. Later today, I hope to communicate with other family members on the world opposite Uganda.
As I said my prayers this morning, I was expressing thanks for many things. It turned into a deep feeling of gratitude for my life situation.
- To be this age with this level of health and fitness.
- To be at RaNae’s side and have her for my Queen.
- To be here in Uganda as a representative of Jesus Christ.
- To know that I belong to Christ’s true Church on the earth and hold authority to minister.
- To have an amazing family at home, most of whom are living the Gospel and raising their children in righteousness.
- To feel the affects of helping strengthen and change lives for the better.
- To be at peace with my fellow men.
- To feel clean.
I never dreamed that I could be this happy and healthy and engaged in a good cause with such an incredible companion at this age. Truly, I have been richly blessed, and thanks be to God and all who have made this all possible.