First and foremost, we are full time missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Uganda Kampala Mission. We’re thrilled to wear the name of Jesus Christ on our chest and do all we can to be diligent disciples and not just casual Christians.
Coming from the United States, we have heard incredible stories and testimonies of the African people in this region. One thing that has impressed us most is how happy these people are in spite of their trials. They simply have an attitude of happiness through all the challenges of life. We want to capture and share their joy of life on this site.
While serving here for 18 months, we hope to:
- Bare testimony of Jesus Christ and His remarkable plan of happiness to as many as possible, thus relieving suffering by helping people help themselves through Gospel living.
- Gather 100+ stories from individuals in the area regardless of their race, color, religion or anything else.
- Create 25+ videos of experiences and testimonies that we can share here and take home to share with as many as possible after our mission.
We call our site the Happiest Faces on Earth because we study how people achieve balanced living in the following areas of life, spelling FACES:
- Fuel: What we put into our bodies and what we avoid in order to achieve optimum health.
- Activity: How we move our bodies to sweat and work and maintain vitality.
- Connection: How we interact with those close to us as well as strangers on the street.
- Enlightenment: Where we turn for peace and insight to keep us focused and grounded.
- Service: What we do to give to others without hope of recognition or thanks.
We would also like to hear from you, whoever you are. We’d love to learn how you find happiness and deal with trials that come. You can comment on our blog entries here, or email us at happiest faces contact.